I’ve compiled a list of different organizations that are helping to make the world a better place. If you have one that you would like to share, please let me know.
- Donate blood with the Red Cross. They are in desperate need of volunteer to give blood during this time. Find a donation center near you.
Serving the Community
- Masks4Disability: Know someone who needs a mask? Complete the form and they will help get them one.
- The For a Day Foundation: The For a Day Foundation is committed to creating emotionally therapeutic experiences for seriously ill children – and providing them and their families with a joyful and much needed diversion from the strain of chronic treatment.We serve communities through a national network of local chapters directed by volunteers.
- Pivot – A Turning Point for Youth: We are a force for good, turning young lives around and setting their course for an empowered future.
- GirlTrek: GirlTrek, the largest public health nonprofit for African-American women and girls in the United States. With nearly 100,000 neighborhood walkers, GirlTrek encourages women to use walking as a practical first step to inspire healthy living, families, and communities. As women organize walking teams, they mobilize community members to support monthly advocacy efforts and lead a civil rights-inspired health movement.
- The 1K Project: The goal of The $1k Project is to help small business owners and employees impacted by the pandemic.
- DMF Youth: DMF Youth Empowers underserved youth through dance, fitness, and life skill development.
- A Place at the Table: A Place at the Table provides community and good food for all regardless of means.
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina: The Feeding America network is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization. Together with individuals, charities, businesses and government we can end hunger.
- TABLE: TABLE is a non-profit organization that provides hunger relief and nutrition education services to children living in Orange County, North Carolina.
- Save the Children: In the U.S. and around the world, Save the Children does whatever it takes — every day and in times of crisis — to ensure children grow up healthy, learning and safe.
- Gems of Hope: Gems of Hope Inc. is a nonprofit organization that offers handmade gifts or tokens mounted on inspirational cards to cancer patients. The patients are invited, along with family and friends, to attend workshops to create these works of art for others.
- Diversify My Classroom: An initiative to providing a more diverse set of books in classroom libraries for all ages.
- Justice for Breonna Taylor: Post, tweet, email, and call to take action for justice for Breonna Taylor.
- The Bail Project: The Bail Project™ National Revolving Bail Fund is a critical tool to prevent incarceration and combat racial and economic disparities in the bail system.
- Foster Dogs: Foster Dogs, Inc. is the leading organization in creating positive, inclusive foster communities by providing support, experience, and innovative programs.
- Second Chance Pet Adoptions: Second Chance Pet Adoptions is the oldest no-kill rescue organization in Wake County. At Second Chance, our mission is to champion homeless cats and dogs who are healthy or treatable in the quest to find their forever homes and engage with our community to promote responsible pet ownership–ultimately reducing future generations of homeless animals.
- Lost Dog Rescue Foundation: Lost Dog & Cat Rescue Foundation helps homeless pets find their way to loving homes through rescue and adoption.